Phoenix - Arizona (AZ),
Estimated salary $12 an hour
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. Kabbage, as part of American Express, will continue to offer a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team within American Express’ Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) organization is looking for a manager to work with Kabbage’s Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Officer, focusing on financial-crimes related controls and processes.
The role would assist the BSA/AML Officer in overseeing Kabbage’s BSA/AML and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) programs and support collaboration with compliance teams within American Express, as well as with internal and external business partners.
- Assist with the maintenance of Kabbage’s BSA/AML and OFAC policy and program, including periodic reviews and updates.
- Support coordination and alignment of Kabbage’s BSA/AML program with American Express enterprise and American Express National Bank policies and programs, as applicable.
- Supporting multiple product lines (e.g., lending, business checking, payment facilitator) in the review of proposed new or amended products, services, initiatives, or distribution channels and assessment of BSA/AML risk and mitigations.
- Assisting with and coordinating risk assessments and annual testing.
- Managing requests and escalations between Kabbage team and compliance, including GFCC, on BSA/AML and OFAC related topics.
- Support the monitoring of the BSA/AML and OFAC program.
- Supporting regulator and audit supervision of Kabbage’s activities, whether stemming from American Express or Kabbage external partner regulatory or audit relationships.
- 3+ years in a previous legal or
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance best practices related to BSA/AML, OFAC, CIP, KYC, Customer Due Diligence.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet and anticipate frequent deadlines in a timely manner, and manage projects independently from start to finish.
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and proven team-first mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, as well as management and influencing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt to relevant audience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Additional qualifications to aid competitiveness:
- CAMS or similar certification
- Experience with checking, payment facilitation, and lending products.
- FinTech compliance experience.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience working with regulatory agencies, e.g. OCC, FDIC, CFPB, or state agencies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2020, 3:48:59 PMAmerican Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.