Phoenix - Arizona (AZ), 85034
Manages the talent acquisition function and activities. Ensures that staffing needs are met in accordance with organizational staffing strategies. Manages full life cycle recruiting and some on-boarding activities for both internal and external applicants. Will be the owner of job requisitions as a working recruitment manager. Promotes employer brand and presence in relevant talent markets and communities. Manages the integration of complex business factors to build talent acquisition strategies that lead to achievement of business objectives. Administers programs designed to acquire talent through the equitable application of policies and procedures. Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a quality experience in the talent acquisition process for candidates and business partners. Responsible for delivering on all TA metrics (Cost, Quality and Timeline) for all the businesses supported. Plays an advisory role to the business leaders on the talent strategy. Ensures adherence to applicable government regulations. Activities may include the following as well as others:
- Represents the organization at recruiting events; brands and markets organization as an employer of choice
- Works with the hiring managers to develop strong selection processes using creative and innovative techniques and tools
- Develops offers in line with approved guidelines, negotiates offer and finalizes start date with candidate
- Continues interaction with candidate until the time the candidate joins the organization. Leads and closes all formalities related to on-boarding of the candidate
- Develops networks of people and processes to support a strong pipeline of qualified candidates
- May provide performance feedback on all recruiting agencies/sources
- May develop, support and maintain employment advertising campaigns, college recruiting, affirmative action and career development programs
- Utilizes corporate tools such as applicant tracking system (ATS) ensuring regulatory compliance
- May provide instruction and training to hiring managers regarding talent acquisition tools and interviewing techniques
- Implements new functionality of talent acquisition tools and technology (i.e. ATS)
- Delivers new hire orientation live or virtually
- May provide market trends and hiring practices of target audiences for various geographies
- Lead Immigration and VISA Activities for incoming US candidates and employees
- Support OFCCP audit activities and day-to-day compliance and recruitment efforts/requirements
Job Level Specifications
- Manages experienced, professional employees and/or supervisors; or manages large, complex technical or business support teams. Accountable for the performance and results of a work group or department
- Interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Contributes to budget development and performance standards of department and subordinate employees.
- Assignments are defined in the form of objectives. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, business plans and independent judgment.
- Interacts with subordinates’ supervisors, customers/clients, functional peer group managers and occasionally upper management. Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives.
- Decisions have serious impact on the overall success or failure of a function. Erroneous decisions or recommendations result in critical delays or modifications to company objectives and cause long-term harm to business operations.
- 8+ years including 2+ years of management experience
- Knowledge of US federal and state regulations concerning employment including affirmative action programs, EEO-1 reporting as well as other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO/OFCCP regulations.
- Basic knowledge of VISA and Immigration guidelines for travel or working in the United States
Education and Certification(s)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to the extent required by law. Avnet will also make adjustments, as required under applicable law, to the work environment that will allow an employee or applicant to practice his or her religion. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669 .