Leave Claims Examiner, Claims 1
Phoenix - Arizona (AZ),
Alternate Locations: Phoenix, AZ (Arizona)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will perform and deliver on routine assignments for his/her assigned area(s) of claims responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. S/he will process standard claims ensuring the fair, ethical and timely processing of assigned claims.
- Applies core knowledge obtained for the role to effectively communicates verbally and in written form with internal/external stakeholders to obtain needed information while maintaining a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of submitted claims.
- Escalates claims issues or concerns to senior team members and/or management.
- Processes assigned claims for payment or denial in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meeting departmental quality/production standards.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and/or external stakeholders, recognizes what needs to be done to meet customer needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to meet customer needs.
- Recognizes general issues/concerns for assigned area(s), explains effect on the customer's service experience, and suggests process improvements.
- Reviews and provides specific information to questions/concerns from internal/external stakeholders (e.g. internal partners, policyholders, brokers, etc.) by applying core knowledge obtained for the role.
- Reviews submitted claim information for payment.
Education & Experience
- 0 - 1+ Years of general experience - need not be directly related to position (Required)
- High School or GED (Minimum Required)
- Travel Type : Regional Domestic
- Travel Amount : No travel required for position
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Claims, Insurance