Instructional Support Paraeducator - Arcadia HS
Phoenix - Arizona (AZ), 85018
Scottsdale USD 48
Estimated salary $15.34 - $18.72 an hour
PAY GRADE: F (or G for PANDA, SCA, LSC, SUCCESS AND SHINE)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under direction of a certified teacher, instructs students and adapts curriculum to meet needs of students. Duties include: administering tests and assessments; monitors students’ IEP progress; and documents behavior, progress, and results of student activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
Assists teacher by helping with classroom instruction and working with children during instructional activities. Assists in modifying classroom and homework for students requiring modifications. May assist in planning and implementing field trips for the purpose of reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Provides one-on-one and/or group tutoring assistance to students in a variety of curricular areas as needed.
- Monitors children’s behavior inside and outside of the classroom. Escorts students to areas on campus.
- Assists with clean-up and other related tasks following daily activities.
- Prepares classroom for activities, including organizing assignments and/or preparing homework folders.
- Assists with grading papers.
- Attends a variety of in-service training sessions and other related meetings.
- Participates in testing students in a variety of areas, including academic and social progress. Enters and updates student information in applicable computer programs.
- Participates in maintaining classroom bulletin boards and displays; maintains materials and supplies; contacts parents; and makes copies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and one year of educational or clerical experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
- Title Schools: 60 hours of secondary education or successful completion of the
- Special Needs: Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
- Basic first aid;
- Basic mathematical skills;
- Customer service principles;
- Computer operations;
- Classroom operations and activities.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
- Monitoring and assisting children with activities;
- Using office equipment;
- Dealing patiently with children;
- Maintaining order, discipline, and interest of children;
- Performing routine mathematical calculations;
- Providing customer service;
- Utilizing a computer and related software applications;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Preparing simple memos, letters, and/or other related written correspondence;
- Reading and interpreting routine information from schedules, memos, and/or other written documentation;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.