Phoenix - Arizona (AZ), 85009
- Requisition ID2019-8072Location : Address2702 W Encanto BlvdCategoryTransportationLocation : CityPhoenixLocation : State/ProvinceAZLocation : Postal Code85009
Summary and Essential Duties
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with Delivery.
- Manages day to day activities and safety of delivery associates.
- Ensures delivery Associates compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours, travel, fuel and supplies within the budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies.
- Prepares weekly work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Ensures delivery associate adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes and provide safe and efficient customer service.
- Manages the proper utilization of company assets in support of the Delivery department.
- Coordinates required repairs with maintenance vendor as needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of daily routing activities to ensure all KPI's and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction, measures and assists with the implementation of delivery/routing changes. Monitors the delivery services by reviewing the coordination of backhaul functions and other scheduling activities to increase profitability of all delivery services.
- Communicates with the customer/Sales Department to resolve any customer delivery opportunities.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company Policies and Procedures.
- Works with Human Resources in handling all associate issues including but not limited to hiring, feedback, disciplinary actions and termination as measured through associate satisfaction and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years related experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year supervisory experience
- Experience working in a food-service distribution environment preferred
- CDL Class A Commercial license preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier Regulations
- Experience in developing and managing driver bids preferred
- XATA XRS experience preferred
- Experience conducting road tests and driver observations preferred
- Experience developing a safety culture preferred
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays