Scrum Master - Mid Level
Phoenix - Arizona (AZ),
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Scrum Master - Mid Level for our Phoenix, AZ location.
Responsible for ensuring the team lives Agile values and principles and follows processes and practices that the teams agree they will use within Agile (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) frameworks to self-organize while delivering value to customers. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and champions the Agile mindset through effective guidance, coaching, education and through removal of impediments to team progress. This role is responsible for building high-performing teams focused on constantly improving team dynamics and performance.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Facilitates seamless collaboration and maximizes team performance by driving continuous improvement within assigned technical and/or non-technical team(s) to ensure rapid and timely delivery of business value (experience, product, and/or service) and achievement of goals.
- Mentors and coaches teams (including the Product Owner) in Agile practices and mindset.
- Fosters a growth mindset and spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
- Removes impediments to team progress whether internal to the team or organizational in nature.
- When necessary, escalates impediments to facilitate rapid resolution.
- Supports and educates product owners, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog and decision making.
- Ensures effective communication within and across teams.
- Influences and facilitates the empowerment of a self-organizing team.
- Schedules and facilitates cross-functional meetings.
- Ensures appropriate progress tools, information radiators, and reports effectively provide transparency on team’s progress/productivity.
- Performs risk, issue, and dependency management for their team.
- Also ensures release management practices align to enterprise standards.
- Acts as Agile SME to teams, product owners, and management.
- Learns from participating in Scrum Master Community of Practice
- For technology related efforts: Understands release-when ready, test-driven development, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and encourages teams to leverage them.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis; relevant work experience with Agile/Scrum; advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Certified Scrum Master
- USAA International Insurance working experience as a Scrum Master at USAA
USAA Scrum Masters create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.