Library Transit Clerk - Library (Prescott)
Prescott - Arizona (AZ),
Yavapai County Human Resources
Estimated salary $12.02 - $14.67 an hour
Under minimal supervision, performs transit clerk duties by supporting the central sorting and courier functions for the Yavapai Library Network (YLN).
- Picks up and delivers library materials, maintains a schedule, and operates a van. (60%)
- Sorts, processes, prepares transit totes for delivery, and operates various office equipment including an automated materials handling (AMH) system. (20%)
- Tracks statistics associated with the delivered materials including entering statistical data into computer spreadsheets, files, and/or other software. (5%)
- Tags materials that do not have a radiofrequency identification (RFID) chip. (5%)
- Utilizes the integrated library system (ILS) to prepare items for transit that have been placed on hold by patrons and use the ILS to resolve issues with improperly transited items. (5%)
- Performs other job related duties as assigned. (5%)
- To develop and maintain a knowledge of library transit and circulation policies, practices, and procedures.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with zero errors according to established department standards and within the prescribed time frame.
- To assist others within the central sorting facility as needed.
- To provide helpful and accurate assistance to those transiting materials from other YLN libraries.
- To maintain a professional work environment.
- To maintain confidentiality concerning information relayed by staff at delivery locations.
- To keep supervisor informed of key operating issues affecting the successful delivery of library materials.
- To ensure items are secure while in staff custody.
One (1) year of general office
High school diploma or GED.
Normal courtesy in dealing with others is required. Work involves daily contact with the employees of other governing authorities. Contact usually involves routine and non-sensitive issues. External contacts are limited to shipping company employees.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle requiring a standard driver's license and must possess a valid Arizona driver's license upon hire. Must be able to move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) short distances (20 feet or less). Knowledge of and ability to apply basic bookkeeping, principles, practices, and procedures.
Yavapai County Government offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to
Full-Time employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes but is not limited to:
- 10 Holidays Per Year
- Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Retirement Plans
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Dependent Health Care Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents)
- Part-Time, Temporary and Seasonal employees accrue Sick Leave based on hours worked.
- Part-Time employees have limited benefits available.
- Temporary and Seasonal employees are not eligible to accrue Annual Leave.
http://www.yavapai.us/Portals/32/BenefitsSummary.pdf (Download PDF reader)