Sacaton - Arizona (AZ), 85147
Sacaton ESD #18
Estimated salary $37,206 - $57,240 a year
Position Type: Classified
Reports to: Principal
Salary Schedule: Classified (Grade D)
Location: Middle School
Term of Employment: 10 months
Approved by: Sacaton Governing Board
The Attendance Aide will monitor student attendance at assigned school site and maintain appropriate attendance records; Implement attendace interventions for students experiencing truancy; Enforce District attendance policies and the Gila River Indian Community Truancy Code; Represent District in Truancy court hearings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB GOAL: To support the mission of the district goals, procedures, and policies in the best interest of the student by professionally carrying out assigned duties and participating in the improvement and refinement of related areas.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearnance Card for educators through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Must have a valid Arizona State Drivers License.
- Job related experience working in a school setting preferred.
- Adheres to the District vision, mission, core values and goals.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrates a high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent writing, speaking and mathematical skills.
- Communicates with parents, students, staff, etc. in person, by telephone or letter for the purpose of providing information on a variety of attendance issues and meeting district and Tribal absence notification requirements.
- Notifies parents and/or guardians of student absences for the purpose of meeting district administrative requirements and mandated guidelines.
- Maintains a variety of attendance records, schedules, and files (manual and computer) (e.g. contact and telephone logs, student attendance, school
OTHER SKILLS/ABILITIES/KNOWLEDGE/WORK STYLE:
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Work effectively under time constraints.
- Comply with District’s attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent memory and ability to function well under stress.
- Demonstrate a high regard for confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate flexibility, common sense, and good judgment.
- Ability to keep abreast of information pertinent to the job.
- Read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to pull, push, reach, bend and walk.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Interpersonal relation skills required.
- Meet any additional specific job requirements as indicated by the department.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers.
- Assist other personnel as may be required to support them in the completion of their work activities.
This job description is intended to be representative of the work performed by employees in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities as defined by the supervisor.