Patient Intake Coordinator
Scottsdale - Arizona (AZ), 85255
Affiliated Dermatology is searching for someone that wants to be a part of a collaborative team. Each role in our practice ties together to carry out our mission: to provide quality dermatology care and education to Arizona. Early detection and prevention is key!
Our patient intake team prides themselves on excellent face to face customer service and working together to maintain a smooth work flow between the patient services and clinical departments.
If you are searching to develop a career in medical practice operations, AffDerm is the place for you! 70% of our leadership team members are internal promotions from entry level positions.
To qualify you must:
- Have a minimum of one year experience working with medical insurance
- Be a team player and work well with others
- Be dependable, punctual, and professional
- Be organized, efficient, and ethical
- Be computer confident
- Be able to multi-task
- Have the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Have no time restrictions between 630a-7p. There is a shift rotation of open and closing shifts between those hours.
- 2 Saturdays required per month
Essential functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients promptly upon check in and check out
- Answering phones in a timely manner
- Collecting co-pays and outstanding balances
- Maintaining patients' charts with the appropriate data entry, insurance information and referrals
- Schedule patient appointments
- Follow HIPPA guidelines
Education and Requirements:
- Knowledge of insurance, in and out of network.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus.
- Electronic Medical Records experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes paid time off, paid holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance and short term disability/life insurance. Full benefits after 90 day probationary period.