Human Resources Generalist- Recruiting and Retention
Tucson - Arizona (AZ), 85710
Easterseals Blake Foundation
SALARY RANGE: $37,000- $43,000
General Position Description: The Human Resources/Employee Operations Talent Specialist is under the supervision of the EBF Human Resource Manager and is responsible for day to day management of the recruitment of top talent for EBF programs, on-boarding and management of talent credentialing and licensing and enforcing company policies and practices. This is not a remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assists in presenting new hire orientation.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provide general human resources services.
- Work with other department staff, managers and directors to ensure employee credentialing and licensing requirements are met.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Ensure RBHA is notified by deliverable submission of new and termed ILBHP’s in a timely manner.
- Monitor personnel files in order to meet funder requirements.
- Conduct and develop new employee onboarding/orientation.
- Ensure each licensed site maintains site /funder specific personnel files.
- Monitor internal competency attestation requirements for new hires.
- Day to day administration and management of incoming HR related mail.
- Enter employee data into HR systems, including both new hires and changes with accuracy.
- Organize and maintain HR related files.
- Provide general administrative and HR support as requested.
- Prepare letters and/or documents as applicable.
- Appropriately routes incoming and outgoing HR communications as needed.
- Easterseals Blake Foundation Vision, Mission, New Employee Orientation information.
- Basic Employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detain.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Clean criminal background check and the ability to obtain and maintain a level one clearance card.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4 years of experience in Human Resources preferably in recruitment.
- Must be able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as face mask, gown, googles and gloves, for any amount of time necessary to provide a physical barrier to protect the employee and others.
- Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, reach, stretch, ascend and descend stairs.
- May work in an office setting.
- Must be able to remain calm, non-defensive with a supportive attitude during stressful, potential crisis, and crisis situations.
- Must be able to work in an extremely stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. Must be able to manage high volumes and unpredictability of work.
- Must be able to remain flexible and reprioritize according to the changing demands of the day.
- Must be able to manage stress in a fast-paced, unpredictable, intense setting.
- Must be able to adapt to diverse cultural environments and communicate in a culturally inclusive manner.
- Must be able to represent Easterseals Blake Foundation in a professional manner in all situations.
Requires high level of energy to perform the daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Requires standing, walking, sitting, stooping, bending, and squatting. Requires extensive typing and writing.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position.