QA Tech - 2nd Shift
Ozark - Arkansas (AR), 72949
Estimated salary $14.90 an hour
Responsible for performing daily Quality Assurance activities as directed to assure that the products are safe, wholesome, and meet stated requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company and plant Food Safety and Animal Care & Well-Being policies, including but not limited to USDA and state regulations, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Monitor product attributes to ensure that product quality is at specified levels.
- Perform job functions and duties in a manner compliant with company safety policies and procedures.
- Verify pre-operational and operational sanitation procedures.
- Conduct pre-operational swabs.
- Support production staff regarding quality standards, product specifications and GMP’s.
- Compile reports on nonconforming product and nonconforming plant
- Maintain HACCP, SSOP, lab, and plant quality records.
- Conduct required audits of the recordkeeping files to ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings.
- Create/modify databases and analyze extracted data to make recommendations to management.
- May be required to complete Lab work to include setting up samples, running tests, working with various lab equipment, and reporting results.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor degree in poultry/animal science, biology, or chemistry preferred.
- Prefer 1 -3 years of experience in a quality assurance role or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, exceptional knowledge in Access, Excel and Visio.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish)
- Prior QA or Lab Tech experience.