Pocahontas - Arkansas (AR), 72455
Pocahontas School District
Estimated salary $80,000 - $110,000 a year
Personnel employed through the Pocahontas Public Schools, Migrant Education Program (MEP), will work under the supervision of the Migrant Education Program Coordinator.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Bilingual (Marshallese), preferred
- Experience with Migrant population, preferred
- Shall have the ability to work and effectively communicate with parents, students, and staff members.
To provide assistance, resources, and motivation for migrant students to become academically successful. To assist migrant parents enrolling children in school, maintain accurate and up-to-date data for migrant students on the required state and national Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Connect families and community
This person is responsible for:
- Recruiting and identifying all potentially eligible migrant children
- Checking with school personnel weekly to find new students in the district.
- Contacting local farmers, cooperative, etc. for information on new workers and new families that have moved into the district to do agriculture-related work
- Making home visits as needed
- Providing supplemental instructional activities to migrant children under the direction of a district teacher(s)
- Recording and communicating critical data to authorized entities as required by the federal guidelines
- Performing other such duties that may be needed, required, or assigned
- Additional duties and responsibilities for secondary migrant education program