Special Education Paraprofessional
Siloam Springs - Arkansas (AR), 72761
Siloam Springs School District
Estimated salary $34,330 - $40,201 a year
POSITION TITLE: Special Education Paraprofessional
REPORTS TO: Principal/Special Education Director
- High school diploma
At least one (1) of the following:
- Two (2) years of college credit;
- An associate’s degree (or higher);
- Provide evidence of passing the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted Praxis Paraprofessional Assessment
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Self-starter; able to work independently.
- Must be willing and able to become certified in the crisis management program we utilize, PCMA.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 day contract with
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assisting students in achieving academic success.
- Working with students who may be aggressive or disruptive in class.
- Helping student by providing behavioral support.
- Personal care responsibilities.
- Helping students with social integration.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Special Education and Regular education teachers.
- Process invoices, track expenses, and produce expense reports.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Work additional hours or overtime as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or administration.