Director, eCommerce Customer Service
Manhattan Beach - California (CA), 90266
Estimated salary $69,264 - $86,570 a year
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Directs, guides and manages a customer service team that delivers an exceptional experience for eCommerce customers throughout a large, geographic area, in multiple time zones. Leads the team in meeting the high expectations of customers for prompt resolution of concerns & inquiries. Uses their strategic and operational skills to build, design and maintain a system of programs and processes that maximize productivity, leverages resources and complies with budgets, ensuring a healthy operational climate while delivering results.
This role will be based out of Moreno Valley, CA
Essential Job Results
- Overall accountability for all elements of the eCommerce customer service department
- Develops key performance initiatives, (KPIs) goals and reports to assess and measure the team and department’s performance and overall success
- Partners daily with the Digital Marketing team to stay aware of visual or site performance changes and modifications, preventing customer issues before they may arise
- Creates scripts/responses to streamline replies for email, calls and social media inquiries, maximizing productivity
- Designs, manages and improves operational processes/workflows for customer inquiries, modifying as needed to improve customer experience or quicken response time
- Motivates, coaches and develops managers/supervisors to their best potential and performance, ensuring a strong work environment where agents feel motivated and engaged, improving the customer service experience
- Leverages and shares data/reporting with upper management to keep all stakeholders aware of department performance and results
- Keeps their skills current with new technology and evolving industry trends impacting customer service and eCommerce; creates initiatives to consistently improve our ability to service customers
- Researches the industry and especially, comparable sites. Keeps our site best-in-class in the industry to deliver the best experience and protect the brand
- Identifies and investigates
- Leads and manages a team of customer service managers & supervisors across a larger team of agents & CS professionals
- Will play a key role in the selection and implementation process of new CRM system
- Well-versed in loyalty programs
- Experience in building high performance teams with a focus on delivering excellence.
- Must demonstrate extensive knowledge of industry standards and an ability to stay up to date with eCommerce innovation
- Outstanding communicator with high intellectual horsepower and thought leadership; interpersonally savvy individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and build strong working relationships quickly
- Highly resilient and stress resistant - able to manage through change and lead change effectively in complex situations and under pressure
- High initiative - must be a self-starter with a positive “can do” approach
- Comfortable and effective when managing a high-volume workload with speed, accuracy and efficiency
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Prior eCommerce customer service management experience and subject matter expertise, preferably in the footwear/apparel industry
- Multilingual skills highly desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.