Sheriff's Dispatcher I
Martinez - California (CA),
County of Contra Costa, California
Estimated salary $68,620 - $75,653 a year
- Receives telephone and radio messages
- Uses computer-aided keyboard and data entry equipment or manually records and relays information (often of an emergency nature) to appropriate unit; such as, patrol cars, other police agencies, ambulances, the County Public Works Department and the Office of Emergency Services
- Receives, transmits and records teletype and data systems messages
- Answer questions from the public
- May be asked to dispatch from a mobile command center
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator's License. Out of State valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or high school proficiency certificate.
Typing Proficiency: Ability to accurately type at a speed not less than 40 words per minute.
Other Requirements: Must pass a thorough background investigation, medical screening, and psychological evaluation prior to employment.