Catering Sales Manager
San Luis Obispo - California (CA), 93401
Estimated salary $20 an hour
Lines of communication: Responsible for: Sales, detailing, on-site supervision of events
Liaises with: Marketing Manager, Executive Chef, Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Rooms, Bartenders, Servers
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for successfully booking profitable business to annually achieve sales revenue goals. This position will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with current clients and future business prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities of this position are to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service upholding the Hotel Cerro standards and culture at all times.
- In coordination with the F&B Manager, Sales Manager, and Executive Chef; develop and maintain flexible and attractive small event and meeting offerings.
- Create Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes detailing the specific requirements of each event.
- Coordinate all staffing, equipment, materials and supplies to execute each request to Hotel Cerro standards and in accordance with our brand guide.
- Greet each client prior to the event and coordinate the successful hand off to the appropriate Department Manager.
- Inventory and maintain all equipment and supplies needed to efficiently operate events on the Pool Deck and the Olive Tree.
- In Coordination with the F&B Manager and the General Manager develop and maintain SOPs for the meetings and events program.
Sales / Relationships
- Maintain an active prospecting effort and pipeline by following up on all leads to book strong and profitable business for the hotel.
- Evaluate new and repeat business opportunities maintaining close contact with prospects and clients to determine their needs and expectations.
- Annually achieve sales revenue goals.
- Actively participate in industry related and community organizations.
- Develop relationships and make contact with client base within the assigned market.
- Establish strong rapport with clients maintaining communication prior to hotel stay.
- Entertain and network with clients on site at hotel receptions and at off-site locations.
- Maintain integrity, confidentiality, and sensitivity when working with both internal and external clients & guests.
- Detail all events and group arrivals within established guidelines and catering menus.
- Meet regularly with F&B manager to review feedback, inventory, and plan for each week.
- Maintain all meeting and event equipment, linens and wares in good working order.
- Coordinate rental contracts to ensure fulfillment of event requirements to Hotel Cerro standards.
- Maintain pars in all event outlets and ensure adequate stock based on events BEOs
- Coordinate with Department Manager to ensure a smooth hand-off of each BEO and event contact.
- Communicate with event contacts in a timely and professional manner.
- Under the direction of the F&B manager ensure all liquor control procedures are followed according to applicable state and local laws and Hotel
- Generate and analyze data and reports by maintaining sales database, completing weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports, individual contact reports and traces.
- Develop and implement weekly and quarterly sales action plans.
- Work with GM to ensure property website, PMS, GDS and extranet sites are updated displaying current and accurate information.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel staff to ensure smooth delivery of services.
- Oversee and manage Sales Coordinator.
- Assist GM with appropriate reports and special projects and other hotel related duties as assigned.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends and holidays
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and frequently lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 4 Year Degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Maestro strongly preferred
- 2 Years Sales Experience preferred
- Hospitality Experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Please see our website for more information: https://www.hotelcerro.com/covid-19/
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place