Billing Representative - Dental
Aurora - Colorado (CO),
Children's Hospital Colorado
Estimated salary $14 an hour
Why Work at Children's....
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated three times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?
Department: HP PFS
Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm
Strong preference for applicants with Dental Billing experience. Take phone calls from internal and external customers and patients, answering questions, taking payments, cash posting and resolving issues. Submit 'clean' electronic and paper claims to payers. Review, adjust and edit insurance coverage, bills and statements to ensure accuracy. Use assertive follow-up techniques with payers, providing information, corrections and problem resolution. Use contract matrices to calculate reimbursement. Ensure accounts are paid according to contract guidelines and individual agreements. Process denials. Send letters and statements to payers and patients.
Supports Revenue Cycle functions for CHCO dental team, including but not limited to answering phones, charge posting, payment posting, e-mail communication, billing, follow up and more.
Population Specific Care
- No Direct Patient
- Financial Accountability: Responsible for personal use of resources, supplies and materials, tracking personal spending and submitting accurate expense reports.
- Judgment: Sets priorities for own work within overall guidelines; manages own workflow in cooperation with others.
- General Work Experience: Two to three years progressively responsible clerical experience in a health care setting. Previous hospital billing experience preferred. The ability to seek information independently and apply that knowledge in a broad specific fashion as situation dictates. Ability to handle repetition and attention to details.
- Strong preference for applicants with dental billing experience.
- Preferred Education - Associates
- Preferred Education Field of Study - Business
- Required Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Hearing: Good
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands - Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 pounds: Up to 1/3 of time
- Exposure: Exposure to chemicals: Occasional.
- Exposure: Exposure to noise/vibration: Occasional.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Independent discretion/decision making.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately.
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.