Administrative Operations Manager
Boulder - Colorado (CO),
About Charlotte's Web™:
Charlotte's Web™ products are made from our world-renowned hemp genetics grown 100% in the USA. Founded by the Stanley Brothers of Colorado, Charlotte’s Web™ leads the industry in quality, safety, consistency and social responsibility to improve thousands of lives daily through the use of Charlotte's Web™. At Charlotte’s Web™, we are driven by principles that extend far beyond the bottom line. It is our goal to provide products of the highest possible quality, while contributing to the sustainability of the communities we have the privilege of serving.
We are looking for a perceptive and creative Administrative Operations Manager (AOM) to oversee our office operations and administrative staff members. The AOM will develop, review, improve, and implement policies, systems, and procedures ensuring all our offices operate smoothly and efficiently. The AOM will assist in developing and enforcing budgets, manage projects, plan and organize our calendar of events. This role plays an important role in engaging our employees with our brand and their work environment. Must be an unwavering champion of culture!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Administrative Operations department and team, establishing and maintaining the departmental budget, processes, and procedures
- Manage administrative operations staff who are responsible for various administrative duties including, but not limited to: front desk reception, ensuring office is stocked with necessary office supplies and inventory, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, assisting in new hire orientation, mail services, and conference rooms
- Negotiate, establish, and maintain office vendor contracts for janitorial staff, security, copiers, water and coffee suppliers, document destruction, catering, and furniture
- Develop, analyze, review, and implement Administrative Operations department systems
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all office administration processes
- Maintain conference room schedules and appearance
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, or replacement of office equipment; partner with Facilities team to ensure office environment, equipment, and furniture are functional
- Manage office space design, moves, and consolidations
- Manage the planning and promotion of office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions
- Support expense report creation and submission as necessary
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and maintain our calendar of events and company-wide activities
- Act as main point of contact for our relocation vendor
- Facilitate special projects as needed
The Office Administrator will closely work with office staff in the daily operations. The position will require excellent communication and organizational skills. The position responsibilities include: managing office schedule, new hire onboarding, office training, maintaining employee office information, and managing calendars; arranging travel, meeting and event arrangements. Requires computer and internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Receive incoming calls and ensures questions and needs are directed to appropriate person
- Welcoming guests, clients and vendors and announce or direct to proper areas
- General administrative duties such as filing, sorting mail, shipping packages, and maintaining general incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain employee sample distribution/inventory
- Assist in planning office social events
- Provide administrative support to Business Operations Manager as required
- Schedule use of conference rooms in assigned location(s). Ensure they’re ready for large meetings with little or no notice, especially those with VIP guests
- Maintain and order company supplies, i.e. office supplies, paper, toner, etc.
- Work with building maintenance, maintain access cards/keys to building/suite
- Keep own and common work areas tidy including company break room and storage room
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate mature behavior and judgment in dealing with delicate situations
- Stock and maintain office break rooms
- Perform other support tasks as needed
- Previous experience managing office properties, negotiating contracts, and managing a team
- Proven ability to manage a departmental budget
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude, and thorough knowledge of office management procedures and policies
- Ability to analyze information and develop effective solutions
- Strong planning, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Process oriented
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Strong conflict management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/or at least five years of related experience
This position supervises an Office Manager and an Office Administrator located in our Boulder offices. The position also has dotted line oversight for the Office Managers and Administrators in our other locations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift boxes of office equipment and supplies, files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
In-state travel is required approximately 25% of the time.