Broomfield - Colorado (CO),
Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in Broomfield, Colorado.
This position is responsible for the supporting the delivery of safety, health and environmental (EHS) services and programs across all manufacturing sites, HQ Offices, Sales Offices, Remote Sales Employees, Research & Innovation sites and small business locations across Danone North America. In addition, the position will assist in animation and implementation of a sustainable environmental, health and safety and environmental management systems (most importantly Danone WISE2 Safety Program and Zero Waste to Landfill) and support improvement in EHS performance and efficiency.
- Develop and assist with implementation of EHS tools, programs, standards, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, cost effectively and efficiently across all Danone North America locations including all manufacturing sites, HQ Offices, Sales Offices, Remote Sales Employees, Research & Innovation sites and small business locations.
- Support animation of the WISE2 health and safety program to build a proactive safety culture though development of tools, processes, and standards.
- Support creation of an environment where empowered employees and supervision are proactively engaged in working safely.
- Support implementation of the Zero Waste to Landfill Program and other sustainability projects.
- Assist with the investigation of environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidents and provide support of corrective action plans.
- Assist in managing environmental and sustainability metrics.
- Assist with the preparation, maintenance and compliance with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Company EHS Standards.
- Participate in ensuring locations maintain ongoing compliance with OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards and environmental management practices (air/water/waste)
- Lead the implementation new regulatory requirements and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company.
- Assist with the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
- Assist with the organization of EHS audits and participate on audit teams, including WISE2 Audits and environmental audits.
- Administer EHS training programs and requirements.
- Provide regular communication and updates to locations.
Education and Experience (Requirements):
- Bachelors or Masters in Safety, Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field.
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Must have 2-5+ years of EHS experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Creates alignment.
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
- Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills.
- Approximately 25-35% travel in North America.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.