Castle Rock - Colorado (CO), 80109
Douglas County Sheriff's Office
Estimated salary $34,608 - $50,844 a year
Performs a variety of complex administrative, and clerical tasks, including: information collection, statistical computation, verification duties in recording and maintenance of official department records.
- Types correspondence, reports, records, memos, meeting minutes, and forms.
- Utilizes local and state/federal computer/teletype systems to query, enter or cancel operational data and relay as authorized. These computer systems are used daily for various duties. Required to have CCIs OSN’s for entry purposes. Computer skills are highly technical.
- Computation of Sheriff’s fees and other financial data.
- Extensive detailed data entry for both criminal and traffic reports. Computer skills are highly technical.
- Daily contact with general public both in person and by phone.
- Informs members of general public of Criminal Justice Records release laws and departmental policies in relation to the same. The Criminal Justice Records Act is very complicated and requires a great deal of continued study to ensure that it is enforced properly by all responsible.
- Assembles, validates and distributes a variety of reports to department staff, the public and state and federal agencies.
- Moderately complex bookkeeping and record keeping to include that handling of large sums of money. Complex calculations, tabulating figures, collection and receipt of payments.
- Performs public fingerprinting.
- Processes solicitor registration applications for Douglas County.
- Process criminal justice records for dissemination to appropriate agencies, i.e., courts, District Attorney’s Office, State of Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle. This includes the review of all documents for quality control.
- May be assigned as a trainer for other records clerks.
- Performs other duties and jobs as required and assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. Additional clerical, secretarial, legal and/or law enforcement education and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask.
- High level of understanding of computer programs and keyboarding.
- Experience in public contact.
- Attention to detail.
- Meet minimum standards for typing and data entry.
- Some geographic knowledge preferred to assist in the use of the geographic database and GEO base.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of a functional file system.
- Good physical and mental condition.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive materials and records and maintain trust.
- Able to pass qualifying exams and background investigation.
As a vital partner in Douglas County's success, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package with many choices for greater flexibility.
In general, if you elect benefits for you and any eligible dependents, coverage begins on the first day of the month following one full calendar month of employment.
Please Note: If you are applying for a temporary part-time/volunteer/reserve position, there are no applicable benefits.
Please click here for additional information regarding Douglas County Government benefits.