Associate Director, Beef Sustainability Research
Centennial - Colorado (CO), 80112
National Cattlemen's Beef Association
We are the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, and we come to work every day on behalf of our country’s over 750,000 cattle farmers and ranchers. We are committed to providing wholesome, nutritious food and to communicating accurate, science-based information. We are passionate about beef’s great taste, its health benefits and especially the people who raise it.
This is a key role for the organization and the beef farmers and ranchers we represent, and it requires your full dedication. But, we’re a fun group of people, committed to each other and to delivering great work in an essential industry. And, there’s competitive pay and benefits, too.
The Associate Director, Beef Sustainability Research, in collaboration with other team members, will assist in developing and implementing checkoff-funded programs that validate and benchmark how beef is responsibly/sustainably raised, consistent with NCBA’s organizational plan and the Industry Long Range Plan.
- With the Sr. Director, assist in managing the beef checkoff’s sustainability research projects and budget.
- With the Sr. Director, serve as an internal technical resource on how cattle are responsibly and sustainably raised today for staff and external audiences (consumers, influencers, supply chain, etc.). This could be in written or oral (presentation) forms with a focus on the science, but in an easy to understand delivery for target audiences.
- Assist in providing critical reviews and interpretation of scientific literature, “study of the day” or media reports related to beef sustainability topics.
- With a collaborative team, assist in providing technical support for dispelling beef sustainability myths.
- With the Sr. Director, build and maintain key relationships with educational institutions and industry partners and organizations engaged in or concerned with beef production today (e.g., academia, extension service, agriculture organizations, allied industry technical representatives, etc.)
- Upon request, serves as a spokesperson, on behalf of the beef checkoff, on the science of beef sustainability.
- With the Sr. Director, provide counsel to partners (industry and state beef councils/affiliates) on the scientific literature related to beef sustainability upon request.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A master’s degree in sustainability or closely related field is required.
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
- A strong understanding of beef cattle production sectors and current practices is critical.
- The ability to successfully engage with beef producers, the scientific community, extension, nutrition and veterinary professionals, allied industry, and consumer or industry influencers will be required on a daily basis.
- Collaboration, integrity, personal ethics and the desire to be a “NCBA team player” is essential.
- The ability to travel up to 25% is required.
- This is a 100% beef checkoff funded position and compliance with applicable rules will be mandatory.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time