Colorado Springs - Colorado (CO), 80916
Estimated salary $16.89 - $24.82 an hour
We are seeking a Logistician focused on Tactical Communications in a Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) mission. Duties will include coordinating the storage, transportation, and delivery of goods. Additionally, the Logistician will liaise with colleagues to ensure stock is maintained and moved efficiently and coordinate with Command level equipment management for accountability.
The Logistician is expected to be a fast learner, highly motivated, and adaptable person as the majority of training related to the shipping and storage will be on the job training (OJT). Strong interpersonal skills, documentation and reporting abilities are also a must.Responsibilities:
- Provide material support to the Command level, units in the field and to Service Desk personnel.
- Coordinate Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMAs)
- Manage spare parts in both central and decentralized locations
- Quote, pack, label, and ship spare parts and produced systems to units in the field, technicians on travel, or other DataPath locations.
- Coordinate shipment of items during emergencies.
- Provide reporting as required on logistics and asset management
- Carry out inventory auditing, both internal and contractually required.
- Receive, process, document, label, and warehouse or ship items from units or vendors.
- Ensure separation of assets for different projects through both physical and electronic methods.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
- 3 years’ experience in logistics, warehousing, or shipment administration
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Willingness to take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems
- Ability to defend ideas/point of views to
- Understanding of deployable communications architecture implementations (e.g. topologies, working knowledge, and hands on experience)
- Understanding of customer and corporate needs for shipment requirements.
- Literacy with inventory, Service Desk, and shipping software.
- Planning and analysis for upcoming exercises and production schedules.