Building Maintenance Dispatcher
Copper Mountain - Colorado (CO),
Job Status: Seasonal
Start Date: ASAP
Note: Housing may be available
Provide an effective and orderly dispatch operation for the Building Services Department (Mechanical Maintenance, Dispatch, Condo Maintenance, Carpentry and Facilities Maintenance). This is a seasonal position. Includes issuance of work orders to be performed, maintaining of maintenance records, inter-department and outside contractor billings, and subsequent record keeping for the department. Maintain effective communication with owners, other Resort departments and outside agencies. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving incoming maintenance requests, recording the request, rapidly dispatching them to the correct department or personnel and creating accurate work orders that reflect all of the appropriate information for the life of the work order.
- Effective positive communication via phone, radio, email and in person
- Issuance of work orders to be performed, maintenance of employee records, inter-department and outside contractor billings, and subsequent record keeping for the department.
- Conduct computer training for other staff personnel.
- Accurately maintain homeowner/customer databases as required
- Resort Key system-issue keys, monitor lock updates and maintain appropriate documents and key policies.
Guest Service Duties:
- Interact positively with employees, guests, and condominium owners regarding maintenance requests, bills and keys.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to speak and read English fluently
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Be able to sit at a desk most of the day.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years' experience: office equipment, dispatching, radio & phone coordination, computer experience (Excel, Word).
- Detail Oriented
- Job stability
- Understanding of basic building maintenance, construction or restaurant equipment.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!