Denver - Colorado (CO),
Enterprise Community Investment, Inc.
- Underwrite tax credit investments as assigned by the Originator including completion of the following underwriting tasks: sponsorship analysis, market analysis, sources and uses and capital structure analysis, income and expense underwriting, and tax credit documentation analysis. As part of processing of each transaction, obtain due diligence materials from client, conduct site visits as needed, review project loan documents and LP agreement for material business terms, participate with the originator in conference calls with the customers, prepare and present requests for investment committee approval including narrative descriptions, charts, graphs and tables illustrating pertinent aspects of the proposed investment.
- Under the direction of the originator, communicate and manage customer expectations through the underwriting process using a positive and proactive approach that will enable repeat origination opportunities.
- Provide regular communication to originator regarding deal underwriting progress including process checklist review, due diligence review, transaction timing, and issue identification timely preparation and regular updates to the Transaction Summary format as required by the originator and the process checklist.
- Assist with and attend deal closings or other customer service coverage enhancement opportunities (if requested by the originator) and help to complete and organize closed deal files for transition to Asset Management.
- Assist with other Syndication priorities as requested (e.g., asset management, investor relations, assistance to other lines of business).
- Participate in and contribute to group meetings and discussions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years experience real estate finance, affordable housing and/or LIHTC program, apartment market dynamics in both urban and suburban areas, and familiarity with industry policies, issues, and programs
- Extensive knowledge of LIHTC and strong financial analysis skill is required.
- Experience in closing real estate transactions highly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively under significant time pressure to meet closing deadlines
- Extensive Excel modeling skills required. Proficient knowledge of MS Word and Power Point a plus.
- Strong writing /editing skills needed to produce correspondence and reports
- Demonstrated verbal communication and interpersonal skills to represent company to all parties.
- Demonstrates professionalism, diplomacy and composure and is flexible and able to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to maintain big picture focus while attending to detailed work and providing thorough documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods. Additional Information
Job Summary Enterprise Community Investment is seeking an experienced individual with affordable housing and/or LIHTC experience to underwrite low income housing tax credit investments. Extensive knowledge of LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credits) along with strong financial analysis skill is required.
Enterprise Housing Credit Investments
Enterprise Community Investment, Inc.
***We have 3 openings which can be located in either Columbia, MD, Portland, OR, Denver, CO, or Chicago, IL as well as open to other Enterprise locations.