Native Housing Program Officer
Denver - Colorado (CO),
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
At Enterprise we believe opportunity begins when people have a safe, healthy and affordable place to call home. It grows with access to good schools, jobs, transit and health care. Our mission is to create opportunity for low- and moderate-income people through affordable housing in diverse, thriving communities. Since 1982, Enterprise has worked with partners in communities nationwide. One of America’s original social enterprises, we bring together the people and resources to create affordable housing in strong neighborhoods. Within Enterprise are entities that lend funds, finance development and manage and build affordable housing.
Enterprise is seeking a Native Housing Program Officer to join our National Initiatives team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled trainer and facilitator with experience working and/or living in Native Communities. The Program Officer will primarily be responsible for leading and collaborating to implement and sustain a new capacity building program focused on Homeownership programs in Native Communities. This Program Officer will be a member of the National Initiatives team and within the Rural and Native American Programs and will work in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team of Enterprise employees, partners, and consultants. This position will report to the ector, Rural and Native American Programs.
The Program Officer will be responsible for implementing the Enhancing and Implementing Homeownership Programs in Native Communities Curriculum and the Native Homeownership Learning Communities Cohort.Job Responsibilities
- Deliver training and facilitate sessions to Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs), Tribal Housing Authorities (THAs), Tribal Housing Departments, Native Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), nonprofit organizations, government entities, local communities and others to enhance their capacity to respond to their housing needs.
- Implement events and activities designed to foster learning and sharing for training participants and other stakeholders, ability to identify and develop plans for technical assistance and training, ability to navigate and identify experts within Enterprise to support the adoption and scaling of the work of participants.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building resources for the development of Native housing, with special emphasis on homeownership.
- Serve as Enterprise’s representative with the South Dakota Native Homeownership Coalition and the New Mexico Tribal Homeownership Coalition, as well as other member organizations as identified.
- Implement Native Homeownership Learning Communities Cohort programing including the facilitation and delivery of program content, relationship development, event management and collaboration with key partners.
- Represent Enterprise at external meetings and conferences.
- Support or lead other programmatic activities of the Rural and Native American Programs as identified by the Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience living in and/or passion for serving Native Communities.
- Experience with Native or Tribal homeownership and/or housing programs.
- Experience working the with Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs), Tribal Housing Authorities (THAs), Tribal Housing Departments, Native Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and other key stakeholders in housing and community development efforts.
- Experience providing trainings and facilitating meetings.
- Undergraduate degree and at least three (3) years relevant experience; graduate degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals, reports and white papers.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
The Native Housing Program Officer will be a full-time employee of Enterprise. The position will be based in Denver and work in rural and Native communities nationally. Must be available to travel up to 30% time.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.