Denver - Colorado (CO), 80211
Illegal Pete's | Illegal Petes Inc
Title: Kitchen Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-Time Employee / Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose: To prepare food items for service to customers and support front line workers in their service to customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Illegal Pete's preparations guide and ensure the food quality is at its highest possible level.
- Have fun at work.
- Abide by all company policy.
- Come to work with a good attitude.
- Be willing to help out with any aspect of the store that is needed during your shift.
- Provide that food and beverage quality is at its highest level by knowing all preparation standards for all food and drinks.
- Be prompt and ready to work when you are scheduled.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisors, AGM or GM about improving the store or making your job better.
- Set an example for other employees through hard work.
- Stay busy keeping your area as well as the entire restaurant clean and tidy.
- Be informed and up to date on all menu, and special event information.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by Shift Supervisors, AGM and GM.
- Monitor/assess performance of Kitchen Staff and communicate observations to management.
- Serve as role-model and lead for Kitchen Staff, offering assistance and guidance were needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- To communicate any and all issues regarding the store to the Shift Supervisors, AGM or GM.
- Ask questions of mangers any time you are not sure about something.
- Formulate and communicate ideas about increasing sales or decreasing costs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Strong interpersonal/internal customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of kitchen sanitation, safety, and commercial food service equipment.
- Knowledge of the facility's fire and evacuation plan as well as the Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Must safely operate commercial equipment (i.e.: dishwasher, grill, blenders, meat slicer, steamers and steam jacketed kettles, mixers, choppers, pressurized hose for cleaning, commercial can openers, hot and cold holding tables and assorted hand tools).
- Ability to follow all oral and written instructions.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Overtime may be required during times of high employee turnover or in the event of a new store opening.
- Medium to high level stress environment.
- Physically and mentally challenging.
- Extra work time to be expected.
- Requires walking primarily on an even surface throughout the workday.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds, carries 20 pounds frequently and maneuvers items with a push/pull force of 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Handle/grasp up to 80% of the shift with repetitive hand motions; reach upward/forward/below frequently.
- Bend/squat frequently and climb occasionally; twist/crawl and kneel occasionally.
- Tolerate exposure to various odors, fumes, and loud noises from commercial equipment and fans.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Various food preparation tools/equipment (i.e.: knives, blender/food processer, etc.).
- Aloha Point Of Sale (POS) cash register systems.
- Fax Machine.
- Various pieces of hot and cold kitchen equipment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Brand: Illegal Pete's
Address: 1851 W. 38th St. Denver, CO - 80211
Property Description: 011 - North Side
Property Number: 11