Executive Assistant (Lakewood)
Denver - Colorado (CO), 80228
Estimated salary $125 a day
Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Executive Assistant Position Purpose:
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director and Executive Management Team provides high level office, coordination, and project management and support services to further efficient and smooth operations internally and externally. Responsibilities include supporting and organizing to assist the Executive Director and Management Team in time management, maintaining official corporate records, preparing reports, project coordination/management, and customer relations. The position will also support the Board of Directors. Jefferson Hills provides behavioral health treatment and education programs to children, youth, and families of Colorado. The mission and work we do focuses on this population and successful outcomes for making their lives better.
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendars, schedules appointments, expense claims, and travel.
- Prepares and drafts confidential administrative correspondence, memos, and reports
- Provides support for the Board of Directors at the direction of the Executive Director, including but not limited to: taking minutes, maintaining Board documents, tracking and maintaining all Board bylaw and policy requirements such as conflict of interest statements, ethics statements, annual meeting needs, terms of Board members, and accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Assist other Executive Department Directors as needed
- Maintains official corporate records for filing and retrieval in accordance with state and federal regulation, including licensing, designations, and certification documents
- Maintains compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal standards
- Maintains good standing with the accreditation body, Council on Accreditation
- Maintains and publishes reports and documents for the efficiency of the Executive team, such as monthly calendars, vacations
- Manages all scheduling for program, medical, and clinical staff.
- Tracks all bonuses, overtime, and on-call staff
- Completes and signs off on bi-weekly timecard/payroll for staff.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible
- Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for Executive staff and Board of Directors
- Provides project management that may include Performance Quality Improvement data reports, maintenance of Policies and Procedures for all programs, development of the annual report, and accreditation reporting and renewal
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for all departments
- Provides information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains administrative office supplies inventory by checking stock, maintaining inventory level, and purchasing as needed
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate and personnel matters
- Assists in producing external pamphlets, brochures, newsletters as assigned
- Maintains various database and spreadsheet files as requested
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a culturally and socioeconomically sensitive environment for children/youth.
- Follows all Jefferson Hills Policies and Procedures, particularly but not limited to confidentiality, dual
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment:
- Jefferson Hills mission is to provide intensive treatment for children and youth with significant behavioral health issues, including physical and sexual abuse, depression, including suicide, and family issues.
- Position is conducted in an office environment, sitting most of the time
- Approximately 80% of this position duties requires a computer
- Jefferson Hills operations are at 421 Zang Street in Lakewood. Travel should be minimal.
Education, qualifications and competencies:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should meet and demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
A Minimum of 5 years in a senior administration or Executive Assistant role
Problemsolving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality. Creates and revises systems and procedures.
Communication and public relations - the individual is able to deal with confidential information, difficult customer relation issues, and has experience using social media in a business setting
Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills
Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Experience in recording, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings
Information technology – the individual is advanced level in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, spreadsheets, electronic medical record systems, development of reports
Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently, handling multiple tasks and projects
Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail, and monitors own work to ensure quality
Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal positively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements .
Jefferson Hills is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status according to Colorado state and federal laws.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match, long and short term disability plans and A FREE MEAL FOR EVERY 8 HOURS WORKED!
We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE