Denver - Colorado (CO), 80222
Sipping N' Painting Hampden
Estimated salary From $20 an hour
Weekend Art Teacher/ Entertainer / Bartender
We are accepting applications for a Part-time (8-12 hours per week) Art Teacher/Entertainer/Bartender.
Sipping N' Painting Hampden is a fun, local, family-owned, "paint and sip" studio in SE Denver! We are reopening after being closed to in-person classes due to COVID19, and will follow very strict precautions until the pandemic is officially over.
Please send your resume plus several photos of your painting. Employment interviews will be done on Zoom.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE REGULAR AVAILABILITY FRIDAY - SUNDAY. Friday evening shifts begin promptly at 5:30pm and last four hours. Saturday and Sunday class times vary according to our calendar. (90% of our customers come in on the weekends.)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can work two or three 4-hour shifts per weekend.
- Excellent communicator in English. Bi-lingual is a plus!
- Must be 21 years of age or over.
- 1 year teaching experience (any type)
- Has painting portfolio (a few photos of previous paintings)
- Has a positive attitude/team spirit
- Is extroverted, high energy, friendly, cheerful and outgoing (former cheerleaders, camp counselors, college orientation leaders, preschool or kindergarten teachers, entertainers, scout leaders, etc., are the kind of personality we are looking for! This position would be great for self-employed artists, stay-at-home parents or college students looking for weekend work.) *
- Punctual/ extremely reliable
- Familiarity with popular forms of social media such as facebook and instagram
- Has own transportation
- Has flexible weekend schedule/ availability
- Is trustworthy and hard-working
- Is open-minded about diversity and community-oriented
- Will consider getting a COVID19 vaccine before starting
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from every gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, language and culture, etc... both as customers and as employees!
Classes are high-energy, fast-paced and can be physically demanding. Everyone in the studio cleans, stocks paints and wine, etc. -- regardless of their title. There is a lot of walking back and forth on a hard floor (if you have foot or leg health problems, this might not be the job is not for you). In a given shift, there is as much time spent setting up and cleaning up than actual paint instruction.
Scheduling: This is supplemental work. Schedules are part-time only. The job will never be more than part-time, so please do not apply if you need less than 8 or more than 12 hours per week. There are no paid health, retirement, or vacation benefits. We are open holidays. This job is not
Starting Compensation: We pay $80 plus tips per 4 hour shift to start. Merit increases available after 90 day probationary period, and at scheduled intervals. Tips are reported to the IRS. We never pay "under the table".
What are the perks? It's fun! The work culture is great! Customers are genuinely happy and excited to be in the studio. The working environment is fast-paced, high energy and never boring. Your art will be featured on our website and all over social media -- it is a great source of exposure for artists building their careers!
We know these requirements are substantial; we are fortunate to have a lot of interest in working at our studio. Interviews will be scheduled after an initial screening based on video introduction and resume.
Related keywords: art teacher, art, artist
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
All customers are required to wear a mask. Customers and staff must take temperature when they come in. Socially distanced tables. Cleaning and sanitizing done on every shift.
- Do you have at least 4 photos of previous paintings you have done?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place