Transportation Agent, DEN - Part-Time
Denver - Colorado (CO), 80221
United Airlines Inc.
Estimated salary $14 an hour
- Safety is our top priority and we work hard to protect each other every day.
- Working here is all about teamwork and attitude. You’ll find we move quickly and pull together to deliver for our passengers, every day.
- Leveraging your physical fitness, you will perform various strenuous tasks, including lifting and carrying carriers up to 53 lbs., carrying, pushing and pulling heavy loads up to 60 lbs. Continuous standing and walking. Frequent repetitive motion, reaching and handling.
- Our facility includes both our warehouse and kitchens and is located near the airport.
- The work can be indoors in a manufacturing environment or during catering of flights.
- Exposure to extreme temperature and aircraft noise is possible. Employee must be able to work in cool area at 55 degrees, enter refrigerated areas to store food at 35degrees, and work in a climate-controlled area of 38 degrees or less.
- Ability to work on all aircraft types, and all truck sizes.
- This role is responsible for completion of tasks based on their training and ensuring compliance with all food safety policies and requirements at all
- We offer excellent training and strong leadership support to ensure you’re set up for success.
- We offer excellent opportunities to grow and challenge yourself, and ultimately, advance within your area or to different departments within catering operations.
- After 12 months, you will have the opportunity to consider working in various areas throughout our company.
- Based on seniority, you will be assigned an initial schedule designed to meet our needs at the airport.
- We operate 24 hours a day, so you must be available for day and night shifts, plus weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- Starting pay of $14.00/hour
- Great benefits, including several plan options
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Flight privileges from day one: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
- Time off: you’ll always have two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on length of service
- Perfect attendance incentives
- A meal and free parking
- Paid uniforms
- Minimum of 18 years of age
High school diploma or GED
Basic math skills and attention to detail
Ability to read and interpret paperwork required to complete daily tasks
Ability to use a two-way radio
Airport access badge, if required.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), if required.
Valid U.S. state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record (CDL preferred)
The physical strength to lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds, as well as be on your feet for an extended period of time
Ability to withstand heights as high as 20+ feet
Must clear a fingerprint-based criminal history check and drug screen
Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT