Highlands Ranch - Colorado (CO), 80126
Brookdale Senior Living
Provides residents with services in accordance with health care provider’s orders regarding administration or
assistance with medications and treatments, as per state regulations. Provides direct care to residents following the
individualized service plan.
1. Assists in maintaining the physical, social, and psychological environment that is conducive to the best
interest and welfare of the residents.
2. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of personnel tasks with the
understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters. Maintains a clean,
safe, environment in the community by delegating job responsibilities.
3. As per state regulations and completion of required training/certification, administers or assists with selfadministration of medication and treatments as prescribed by the health care provider. Observes resident’s
response to existing treatment plan, is aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects, and
observes residents for occurrence of such and notifies supervisor. Adheres to community infection control
policies and procedures.
4. Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedures. Supervises residents
5. Maintains resident’s records daily and in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and
procedure. This includes documentation related to medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and
observations, charting any changes in resident's physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes
and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the
6. Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
7. Receives reports on all residents.
8. Completes an accurate accounting of all medications, including controlled substances as per policy.
9. Assists with completion of medication cart audits per policy and direction of supervisor.
10. Provides direct resident care.
11. Follows procedures regarding incidents/accidents involving residents
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement