Littleton - Colorado (CO),
The primary function of the Concrete Estimator is to provide accurate bid proposals and scope analysis for potential construction projects. Additional responsibilities include quote review, project management, and material purchasing. Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts. Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, concrete labor, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve the Company's goals.
- Functions as Lead Estimator
- Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a "take-off" of materials included in the job
- Estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Review proposals, specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc…to determine the scope of work and develop quantity take-offs
- Incorporates safety in the means and methods of decision making during the estimating phase
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Develops and maintains relationships with owners, general contractors
- Responsible for buyout process with Project Manager
- At least 5 years estimating successful large commercial self-perform concrete
About Concrete Strategies
Concrete Strategies specializes in site cast and structural concrete, flatwork, site utilities and all types of self-perform concrete construction. Concrete Strategies employs over 550 field personnel and completes over $200 million in revenue annually, from its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri and newly opened Kansas City, Kansas office. The company has an awesome reputation for speed, quality and above all operations, with a complete commitment to safety. Even when we were not the low bid, general contractors have chosen Concrete Strategies because of our reputation for quality and speed. Learn more at www.concretestrategies.com