Scheduler (Medical Oncology Office)
Thornton - Colorado (CO), 80260
Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers
Position SummaryRocky Mountain Cancer Centers, Colorado's largest and most comprehensive provider of cancer care has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scheduler in Longmont.
We offer an outstanding benefit package to include competitive pay, three weeks of PTO per full calendar year, two personal days, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company matching, a wellness program, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen potential new patients and collect and process all necessary records and documentation prior to scheduling
- Schedule new patients and established patients in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines
- Schedule outpatient appointments/testing
- Provide appropriate follow up for missed and cancelled appointments
- Work with practice PFC and authorization personnel to ensure that all insurance and authorization requirements are in place
- Research and respond to routine, non-routine and complex situations in a timely and professionalmanner
- Arrange for patients to have financial counseling as needed
- Support the physician’s administrative needs
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the clinic team
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation
- Follow policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office
- Cover for other front office functions as requested
- Other duties as may be assigned
High school diploma. Minimum three years medical office experience with emphasis on scheduling. Medical terminology knowledge. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
All qualified candidates are required to pass a background check and non-federal drug test (which excludes marijuana) post offer of employment and prior to hire
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.