Groton - Connecticut (CT), 06340
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Estimated salary $42,778 - $56,000 a year
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
The successful candidate must provide technical assistance and overall direction to a team of hourly representative employees. Core to this position is the successful performance of the team’s Safety, Quality, Cost, Schedule and Continuous Improvement. Effective communication, leadership, creating a positive team environment with employees and peers is key to success for the selected candidate. This position of Operations Supervisor provides a platform to gain a working knowledge of various manufacturing environments and their relationships with other parts of Electric Boats’ business. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer or experienced tradesperson to advance into a career-building leadership position and gain invaluable experience to support their career
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to manage a crew of Painters on Overhaul/Repair and New Construction Contracts
- Must have the ability to assign and measure daily production goals utilizing EBOS (Electric Boat Operating System)
- Must provide technical expertise, instruct, mentor, and motivate the crew
- Support Department goals for Safety, Quality, Cost, Schedule, and Continuous Improvement
- Must be available to work all shifts and travel as required
- High School diploma/GED required
- Must be able to successfully complete NACE Coating Inspection Program Level 1 or higher, or have NAVSEA Basic Paint Inspection (NBPI) certification
- A culmination of (5) years painting experience, consisting of education/training (i.e. Technical School, AS/BS Degree in any engineering discipline) and/or work experience in the painting field. OR 2+ years if ALREADY completed NACE certification
- AS/BS/Technical school desired
- Previous management skills
- Ability to read and interpret Paint Schedules and Maintenance Standards
- Ability to adapt to challenges while remaining calm in a constantly changing working environment, all while remaining compliant to technical and procedural constrains
- Safety, Communication, Building Trust, Directing Others, Managing Priorities, Listening, Production/Results, Perseverance, Technical Skills, Managing & Measuring Work, and Stress Tolerance
- Be able to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing, with subordinates, peers, and supervisor