Receptionist - Atria Larson Place
Hamden - Connecticut (CT), 06517
Atria Senior Living
Estimated salary $16 - $20 an hour
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a cheerful and marketing oriented way, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers general questions about the community and provides callers with address, directions, and other information and refers other specific questions to appropriate staff.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates guestroom reservations.
- Maintains current list of residents who are hospitalized.
- Updates appointment calendars, including transportation and beauty calendars, as directed.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Distributes written communication, accepts and signs for deliveries (mail, prescriptions, etc.).
- Maintains copy and fax machines, assists users,
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring board or beeper, photocopier. Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
Receptionist, Concierge, Operator, Front Desk, Guest Services, Telephone, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Secretary, Admin Assistant
Experience : 0