Manchester - Connecticut (CT), 06042
ITW Graphics, is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., a US based, NYSE listed corporation. We are a global manufacturer that provides creative and unique solutions for heat transfer labels. Our decorative labels are applied to many well-recognized brand names and consumer products.
As a printer at ITW Graphics, you will be part of team that takes accountability and ownership of their work and takes pride in producing our high end, quality labels, logos, etc. The graphics and designs are eye-catching and visually appealing and likely labels you’ve seen or consumed at one time or another.
Our products are segmented into three (3) distinctive markets:
Cosmetics and Personal Care (our labeling solutions are used on high-end brands for bottles, cosmetic jars, containers, as well as, children branded toothbrushes, shaving razors, mascara & lipstick tubes).
Sportswear (our top quality, decorative solutions are applied to performance apparel and general lifestyle garments (brand imaging, sponsor logos,). Our Sports Equipment labels are applied to hard surfaces (golf clubs, protective ski wear, etc.).
Transportation (highly tailored resolutions applied on power transmission belts, hoses, car & bike tires, and automotive safety labels.
We have multiple positions available:
1) Entry-level Printers - We are looking for entry-level printers that enjoy practical, manual work. Individuals must have attention to detail, be reliable with good attendance. If you are someone that takes initiative and wants to learn a new trade, we are willing to invest in you. We offer ON THE JOB TRAINING (OJT) that provides you with the printer knowledge and skills to run and operate independently on a printing press.
2) Experienced Printers - We are looking for printers with 3-5 years experience that possess the skills, knoweldge and abilities to operate and run printing presses. In this responsible role, you will perform on press inspections and will work top notch printers that take pride in their work.
Work Shifts: These postiions will train on 1st shif for approx. 1-3 months and move to either 2nd or 3rd shift where you will recieve a shift differential.
2nd shift work hours: 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m
3rd shift work hours: 11:00 p.m. –7 :00 p.m.
We offer a full range of benefits which include: Health, dental insurance, 401(k), vacation, 10 paid holidays, short & long term disability, life insurance & a wellness program that offers gym membership discounts plus, etc.
Press Operator Essential Duties:
The Press Operator will either learn (entry-level) or have experience (3-5 yrs) and is capable of performing all required set-up operations independently and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews specification sheet and check for accuracy that the correct stock, print screens, and inks match the job order.
- Makes recommended adjustments in feed stroke, squeegee levels, and length.
- Checks tension to correspond with mesh requirements.
- Ensure color standards and required quality standard file are available on press. Start-up press and monitor registration and ink performance.
- Troubleshoot press and ink problems, making alterations to ink for acceptable viscosity, glueyness, thickness, and when necessary, will make adjustments to press for corrections of defects.
- Performs On-Press Inspection and use experience and judgment to ensure high quality standards are met.
- Make appropriate notations complete paperwork required and established in the printing press.
- Maintain effective communication with other department personnel to resolve press related problems and support work flow.
- Make effective recommendations for improved quality in product and process.
- Perform job and color changes assuring press is cleaned properly, screens are free of defects and images are clear. Report unusual or irresolvable situations to appropriate personnel within the
High school diploma, GED or equivalent reading, neat handwriting and verbal communication. Basic understanding of math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.)
Entry Level - minimum of 1 year work experience (ideally in manufacturing).
Experienced Printers - minimum of 3 years as a printing press operator or related position. Ability to operate printing equipment independently
Must be able to understand, interprete and communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and managers. Must be able to read, comprehend and follow processes and procedures written in the English language.
Basic mathematical skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, basic common fractions, and decimals).
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to handle multiple tasks, detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast- paced environment. Ability to operate Machinery in a safe manner, basic keyboarding skills and understanding of computers, and various other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to wear Personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the position. The employee will regularly require the individual to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; and frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, vision correctable to 20/20, close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW Graphics is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW Graphics invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing: [email protected] If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Kathy Lavoie at 860-647-5721. No other calls will be accepted.