Front Desk Supervisor
New Haven - Connecticut (CT), 06511
Courtyard New Haven
Estimated salary $12.33 - $19.53 an hour
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager while providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.Responsibilities:
At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful high pressure situations including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check room rate verification report and housekeeping report have been accurately
The redesigned lobby features space where guests can sit and relax, work, eat and drink. On-site restaurant, The Bistro, offers a variety of hot, cold, and grab-n-go breakfast items that include Starbucks® coffee. Healthy dinner options and handcrafted cocktails are available in the evening.
The property has media pods, a home theater area and library, a 24-hour business and fitness center and meeting space.
Art and entertainment venues such as the Shubert Theater and Peabody Museum are within 1 mi of the hotel.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan