Master Control Operator, Live
Stamford - Connecticut (CT), (Shippan
Encompass Digital Media
Encompass is a global technology services company focused on supporting broadcast, cable and digital leaders. We design, implement and operate reliable video solutions that capture, process and deliver our clients’ video content from any source, in any format, to any destination in the most efficient manner possible.
The Live Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring and contributing to all technical broadcast activity, as well as for the operation of all Live Events, for their assigned network during their shift. The Live Master Control Operator is skilled in the technical execution of scheduled Live Events ensuring feed/signal integrity for air. The Live Master Control Operator provides support to the Live Operations Team by assisting with training initiatives and serves in various capacities inherent to the live operations and overall broadcast environment.
- Responsible for Live Events and technically capable of patching, routing, and operating pertinent equipment in the network operations area.
- Proficient in Live Event recovery at the conclusion of each event to return Network playlist on time.
- Proficiency in all areas as it pertains to procedures and equipment.
- Responsible for FAX out of Live Transmission from site/studio.
- Consults with Teleport to confirm correct video/audio feed signal prior to air.
- Responsible for maintaining on-air integrity and continuity during Live Events and server play out.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with automation systems and broadcast equipment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of at least one year in a live environment preferred.
- High School diploma.
- College degree in a broadcast related field preferred, but not required.