Windsor - Connecticut (CT), 06095
Estimated salary $20 - $22 an hour
The Intern, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for providing support to the management team within the Distribution Center (DC) by rotating through all DC Operation functions. Assists in projects related to initiatives specific to the DC they are supporting, while ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met. Assists in the development and implementation of DC programs.
- Rotates through all functions of the DC Operation such as Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, HR, Mission Control and Store Unload.
- May lead smaller projects under the direction of DC management. Provides updates, escalates issues, and makes improvement recommendations to management.
- Responsible for keeping track of project(s) progression and ensuring those deadlines are communicated to the project team.
- Participates in the overall Lean Six Sigma Process through events such as Kaizen and 5S events through providing administrative support during Kaizen events by updating reports and bulletin boards, following up on SPIN process and report out presentations.
- Responsible for performing General Warehouse functions in the DC.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration with 1 to 2 semesters remaining.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Willing and able to carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary in a professional or classroom environment.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community, with vendors, and/or classroom environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to relocate for opportunities within the US.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration AND/OR currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with project management.