Claymont - Delaware (DE), 19703
Architectural Window Restoration
Estimated salary $20 - $30 an hour
Summary of Job Description
This position performs a variety of routine maintenance for the AWR facilities, ensuring that the facilities are consistently maintained in a safe, clean, and organized condition. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, organizing and maintaining cleanliness of entire facility, performing carpentry, painting, minor plumbing, equipment and machinery maintenance, truck maintenance, forklift maintenance, and maintaining AWR owned tools and equipment. Utilizing a variety of maintenance and cleaning tools and equipment, and performing related work as required. This position also performs the delivery driver responsibilities, making pickups and deliveries of materials, tools, and equipment.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives general supervision from the Office Manager. Directs and oversees outside (hired) specialty contactors.
This is a full-time, nonexempt classification for the Facilities Maintenance Technician and Delivery. Driver position, responsible for performing a variety of routine skilled maintenance for AWR facilities, and driver for jobsite and local material pickups and deliveries. Position receives only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies. Work is reviewed upon completion for soundness, appropriateness, and conformity to policy and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of essential functions of the job.
- Performs a variety of routine skilled maintenance for AWR facilities, including, but not limited to, carpentry, painting, drywall repair, flooring, minor plumbing, and oversight of electrical trades work, and other sub-contracted work as required.
- Ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe, clean, and organized condition.
- Maintains all safety equipment and associated supplies, as well as safety signage, and all required safety-related record keeping.
- Assembles, repairs, maintains, and moves furniture, such as desks, cabinets, tables, chairs, shelves, and related fittings and fixtures.
- Maintains organization of consumable supply materials in supply cabinets.
- Receives and inspects deliveries for condition and accuracy; unpacks materials and delivers to appropriate department for use, or places into inventory, in the proper cabinet or location. * Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems; replaces filters; identifies and reports more complex maintenance needs to Office Manager.
- Conducts routine oil and air filter changes of all air compressor units, and recording of preventative maintenance measures.
- Maintains regular maintenance for company vehicles based on company schedule, and maintains accurate maintenance logs for all company owned and leased motor vehicles.
- Performs routine safety inspections for AWR hand tools, ladders, and equipment, and removes any unsafe units from service.
- Maintains tag-out system for any equipment out of service awaiting repair.
- Performs routine repairs to unsafe equipment, or provides oversight of outsourcing repairs.
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to Office Manager.
- Inspects facility at close of business each day to ensure that all facility lights are turned off, and all doors are locked and secured.
- Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Performs custodial tasks throughout all shop and office areas.
- Assists with pest control measures, or provides oversight of outsourcing services.
- Monitors inventory of consumable supply materials, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with general upkeep of the facilities.
- Maintains cleanliness of all company owned and leased vehicles; inside and out.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as required.
- Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities.
- Cleans windows and glass doors.
- Change of all air filters for heating and air conditioning systems as required.
- Prepares classroom for upcoming training classes; rearrange furniture as needed.
- Prepares conference room for upcoming meetings; rearrange furniture as needed.
- Removes and properly dispose of all recyclable materials.
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Methods and techniques used in the operation, repair, and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Operational characteristics of a variety of tools and equipment.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Principles and practices of record-keeping.
- Principles and practices for providing high level of customer service.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications.
- Maintaining DOT log book and DOT rules and regulations.
- Perform skilled facility maintenance.
- Safely and effectively use, operate, and maintain equipment and tools.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Maintain records and files on work performed.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors.
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Safely drive and maneuver a 16’ box truck.
- Travel out of town, with overnight stays.
Licenses and Certifications:
- At time of appointment, State Issued Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record maintained throughout employment.
- Able to pass DOT medical examination.
Must possess: strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work around machines, to climb and descend ladders, to operate a variety of tools and equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and to distinguish colors; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. Frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator, and to operate tools and equipment. Physical ability to bend at the waist, sit, stoop, kneel, climb, walk, crouch, reach, as job tasks may require.
Physical ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 75 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
Working in both indoor and outdoor environments with moderate to loud noise levels. May work in controlled temperature conditions, cold and hot temperatures, or inclement weather conditions.
Exposure to chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. Will interact with individuals in interpreting and enforcing rules, policies, and procedures.
May be assigned an irregular work schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings, and holidays.
- Criminal Background and Child clearance.
- Medical exam and drug testing clearance.
- Pass an OSHA approved respirator medical and fit test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings