Case Manager, Immigration (Spanish Bilingual)
Dover - Delaware (DE),
BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Facility: ISAP Dover, DE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Immigration Case Manager (Government)
Experienced Case Managers—a world of opportunities awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are looking for Immigration Case Managers to fill the role of Case Manager for the Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP). This alternative to detention program aims to supervise individuals who are navigating the U.S. immigration court system. In this dynamic role, you will use your criminal justice background and experience in case management to assist ISAP participants following the guidelines of our Department of Homeland Security contract. Utilizing a combination of face-to-face case management meetings, electronic monitoring technologies and home visits to engage participants and drive compliance you will ensure that participants attend court hearings and comply with conditions set by DHS.
This is a great opportunity to continue building your career in criminal justice, psychology and/or social work and case management. If you are passionate about influencing positive changes in the lives of others, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As the Immigration Case Manager, you will use your background in criminal justice, psychology and/or social and case management to develop, implement, and coordinate case management and individual service plans for ISAP Program Participants in conformance with program requirements.
Additional responsibilities for the Case Manager include:
- Meeting with participants face-to-face regularly as required by government contractual obligations
- Developing and maintaining accurate and complete case records for all ISAP Program Participants from entry to release from ISAP, maintaining confidentiality of all records
- Conducting intake interviews and orientation sessions with each ISAP Program Participant within contractual timeframes
- Installing electronic monitoring equipment on ISAP Program Participants as necessary and monitoring compliance with electronic monitoring program
- Assisting Program Participants with acquiring travel documents from the countries of citizenship and maintaining a log of travel document information for each Program Participant
- Evaluating English proficiency of ISAP Program Participants to determine resources necessary to promote clear communication between ISAP staff and the participants
- Assess the needs and vulnerabilities of ISAP Program Participants, and connect them with appropriate resources within the community
As the Case
Additional requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related social services/human service field
- At least two years’ relevant experience in a field related to law, social work, detention, corrections, government, or similar field
- Bi-lingual language skills, required
- Experience dealing with multicultural clients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with employees, community contacts, government officials and participants. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders, instructions and materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Ability to maintain self-control in stressful situations such as interpersonal confrontations or emergencies, or defuse hostile or unstable situations
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations, and procedures
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily summary reports
- Ability to type 35 words per minute to develop and maintain case records by performing data entry.
- US citizenship required.
- Drivers’ License required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
As a Case Manager, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 11 paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!