General Cleaner I (Non State Contracts)
Dover - Delaware (DE),
Goodwill Industries Of Delaware & D
Estimated salary From $9.50 an hour
The General Cleaner is responsible for performing housekeeping duties. These duties include but are not limited to: cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing, and dusting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Follow safety policies and procedures ensuring maximum safety, security, and protection of all customers and company assets. Report any hazards or known/suspected security violations to supervisor.
- Provide janitorial services such as wet or dry mop of floors; clean, disinfect, and restock bathrooms; vacuum carpets and dust; cleaning and maintenance of interior and exterior of locations; and upkeep of assigned grounds areas.
- Able to collect trash and clean trash containers.
- Responsible for the use of proper methods and materials in cleaning and caring for buildings, equipment, and equipment storage area, along with informing supervisor when such supplies need to be replenished.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to perform construction clean up at various sites and locations as needed.
Ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Work cooperatively with all internal and external customers to promote the achievement of the company mission.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred, along with a minimum of 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To ensure safe working conditions, personal protection equipment (PPE) required for this position includes: hand protection; eye protection when handling chemicals/cleaning equipment; any other PPE that can reduce the possibility of injury.
FINGER DEXTERITY: The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands and wrists.
TALKING: Talking to others to convey information effectively and to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILIITES: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color, vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk of hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County, Inc. maintain its status as an at-will employer.
EMPLOYEE NAME DATE