Adolescent Treatment Services Coordinator
Dover - Delaware (DE), 19904
State of Delaware
- Participates in treatment planning and discharge planning in conjunction with the facility personnel as well as with members of other involved agencies to insure that the treatment results in the expeditious release of the adolescent patient.
- Designs the aftercare treatment plans and referring clients to appropriate outpatient treatment facilities, community support systems, and/or residential treatment facilities and insures that the discharge recommendations and aftercare plans are carried out.
- Interacts with clients' families interviewing members, observing family dynamics, assessing strengths or dysfunctions and adapts aftercare treatment plan to reflect their needs as well as those of the client.
- Provides direct supportive services including home visits, individual and family counseling as well as family crisis intervention.
- Monitors the outpatient treatment components to insure progress and resolve any problems that might arise.
- Develops and maintains a "bank" of community resources to provide the necessary services for the adolescent and family.
- Prepares monthly statistical, narrative and court reports, as required detailing caseload activities.
- Prepares progress notes on each client. Participates in staff meetings.
- Makes formal presentations before community groups, schools and/or professional organizations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Adolescent Treatment Services Coordinator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Behavioral or Social Science or related
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.