Dover - Delaware (DE), 19901
Job Summary: The Water/Wastewater Operator reports to the District Senior Operator and District Manager.This position operates company owned and contractually operated water/wastewater treatment facilities and supply plants within the service District(s).
- Maintain and repair water/wastewater treatment plants, pumps, collection systems, and distribution systems.
- Operate municipal, industrial water, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Enter process data electronically into company database using field computing equipment.
- Review and sign State Monthly and Annual Discharge Monitoring Reports as required by law.
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries for other departments.
- Provide field support for billing, meter reading, and collection staff.
- Provide labor and support for the Senior Operator.
- Perform water / wastewater analysis using field / lab equipment provided
- Perform microscopic evaluation of wastewater samples.
- Perform preventive maintenance, calibration of chart recorders, analyzers, and programming of VFD’s and PLC’s
- Respond to Miss Utility tickets and uses Company GIS to identify emergency locations.
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical, piping, electrical, and electronic systems/controls.
- Evaluate problems and implement process adjustments to biological, chemical, and physical processes.
- Take bacteriological samples as assigned by Senior Operator or District Manager.
- Monitor system processes using SCADA.
- Lifts chemical which are approximately 65 pounds.
- May be required to work and be licensed in multiple states.
- Must adhere to Company and customer safety policies/ procedures and use of appropriate PPE.
- Shall be required to be on-call and/or work weekends and shifts as scheduled.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a Delaware Level II Wastewater License to perform Multi-plant operations.
- Must possess Delaware Base Level Drinking Water License or be able to obtain within one year. Must also obtain all treatment endorsements applicable to the District assigned.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Ability to comprehend and work with numerical data.
- Able to perform basic Algebra.
- Good overall mechanical skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Familiar with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to use basic hand tools.
- Able to use electrical Multi-meter.
- Must be able to pass Ishihara Test.
- Work extended hours in inclement weather.
- Pass pre-employment physical exam.
- Lift and carry 65 pounds.
No Phone Calls Please.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States.
Middlesex Water Company and its' subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, and have a valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Base Level Drinking Water (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Wastewater License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time: