Lewes - Delaware (DE), 19958
Estimated salary Up to $18 an hour
We are growing and need (2) take charge people to help guide the front of house to a successful future. We are a very busy animal hospital who needs someone who is dependable, punctual, friendly, and accountable.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Greet clients with a smile in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner - check clients in, discharge patients.
- Utilize proper telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrate medical and procedural knowledge by properly triaging calls and answer questions about services.
- Present clients with medications, instructions, new client kits, and any other take-home items.
- Review the services that were rendered to the pet (verbally itemize the client receipt) and inform the client of the total amount due. Assure that owners meet all financial obligations or that acceptable arrangements have been made.
- Follows established hospital policies and procedures
- Collecting lab specimens from pet owners, match patient record to the sample and submit samples to a veterinary technician or nurse.
- Use practice management software to create reminder lists, receipt, and invoice, update medical/client records
- Abide by hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients treated.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy
- Demonstrate knowledge of computers and relevant software applications including MS Office (Word) and Cornerstone (or like system)
This position requires a practical knowledge of hospital organization and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data transcribing, word processing, and practical knowledge of the standard procedures, veterinary
Position type and expected hours of work:
· Full or Part-Time
· Alternating shifts M-F with a Saturday or Sunday worked every other week
· Overtime may be required
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 years experience in a veterinary practice/hospital
We offer exceptional training, flexible schedules, PTO, full benefits package, incentives and 401k savings plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Receptionist: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Greeting visitors
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Submitting insurance claims
- Processing payments
- Purchasing office supplies
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible