Food Safety/Food Quality
Milford - Delaware (DE), 19963
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Our food safety and QA associate monitors production processes of the facility to ensure all products meet company quality and food safety requirements during plant operations to ensure compliance with all company, regulatory and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards. Duties include but is not limited to, grade and inspect product to company specification, utilize decision-making skills to reject product, and must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of associate within facility. Candidates must be able to work independently with little or no direct supervision, and be flexible to meet needs of customers. Current knowledge of grading specification is a plus.
This is a Night Shift position.
- Ensures product meets internal and customer specifications and takes appropriate actions when a non-compliance is noted.
- Accurately conducts product reviews for compliance to include grading, packaging and weights.
- Performs and accurately records quality checks on product and regulatory checks as specified within company programs and USDA regulations.
- Monitors associates' work practices and addresses any deficiencies noticed immediately while continually evaluating potential for foreign material contamination while in assigned work areas.
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and proper working condition prior to start up and records findings.
- High school or equivalent.
- 0 -2 years work experience.
- Good communication (both oral and written) and math skills.
- Experience in food quality and/or safety.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm. Able to stand for several hours. Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.