Activity Aide I
Milford - Delaware (DE), 19963
State of Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Oversees and instructs clients/patients in a variety of activities such as games, music, athletics, arts and crafts, swimming and exercise programs.
- Plans and organizes trips and special events.
- Observes and records progress, problems and/or incidents.
- Conducts initial and ongoing client/patient assessments and interest surveys.
- Develops, recommends, and implements approved activities treatment or goal attainment plan. Participate as a member of the treatment team.
- Performs minor maintenance such as cleaning, lubricating and making mechanical adjustment to activity equipment. Requisitions needed supplies.
- May drive van or school bus and/or assume responsibility for the care and safety of patients/clients on trips outside the facility.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Activity Aide I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Knowledge of conducting group activities.
- Knowledge of working with persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of narrative report writing.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.