Food Service Supervisor
Milford - Delaware (DE), 19963
State of Delaware
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Sets up serving line by gathering utensils, foods and supplies needed for the serving process.
- Prepares meal trays by dipping the correct portion of appropriate foods from the serving pan.
- Loads completed meal trays or food pans into food carts; Delivers loaded carts to proper location; Returns carts and trays to kitchen after individuals have completed meals.
- Assists cooks by opening cans, slicing and chopping food items, making sandwiches, bulk salads, desserts or preparing beverages.
- Cleans carts and trash containers, sweeps and mops floors, wipes tables, steam carts and counters and performs other functions necessary to ensure that food preparation and serving areas are sanitary.
- Performs all phases of dishwashing process.
- Keeps various records.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Food Service Supervisor
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in institutional or commercial food service work.
- Six months experience in proper safety, storage and sanitation standards for food items.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.