Further Processing Shift Leader (Superintendent) - 2nd Shift
Milford - Delaware (DE),
Strategic Search Group
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for effectiveness and efficiency of the further processing section of a poultry plant. Provides direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates. Establishes, measures and is accountable for operating, as well as capital budgets for the assigned area. Specifically:
- Meets all facility operational plans, to ensure yield, birds per man-hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employee of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience plus 3-5 years of supervisory experience in poultry processing. Prior experience should provide:
- Computer literacy with skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc. and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.
- Prior supervisory experience must include a proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.