Inventory Control Specialist -1st Shift 8AM
New Castle - Delaware (DE), 19720
Estimated salary $13 - $17 an hour
Inventory Control Specialist
As an Inventory Control Specialist you’ll accurately maintain, track and report physical inventory. You’ll act as a liaison between internal and external customers to ensure accuracy of physical inventory and fiscal accounting.
You’ll play an important role in making sure our warehouse operations are successful by performing all inventory functions to ensure accuracy, efficiency, compliance standards, and minimal damage. You’ll utilize our warehouse management system to manage our physical inventory in the warehouse, resolving and proactively addressing any issues that may occur and answering any questions about inventory that may arise.
Our warehouses are temperature-controlled, ranging anywhere from 30 degrees in the cooler to -20 degrees in the freezer. Think of Alaska in the winter, it’s frigid cold! Most of the product in our warehouse is food, which makes maintaining food safety and compliance one of your highest priorities.
You'll be Responsible for:
- Performing all inventory functions to ensure accuracy, efficiency, compliance, profitability, proper handling, and minimal damage
- Utilizing our warehouse management system to manage the product in the warehouse, identifying quality control issues to minimize recurrence and ensure compliance
- Support the warehouse team by researching pallets when team members cannot complete their tasks, reconciling the cause for items not shipping, transferring pallets, and ensuring the inventory quantity and location is accurately reflected in our
Inventory Control can be physically demanding, checking on inventory in the warehouse. You’ll need to be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and squat on a frequent to continual basis in a cold warehouse environment. You’ll also need to be able to grasp, reach, push or pull (such as boxes of product) on a frequent to continual basis.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to speak, read, and understand English
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Ability to operate or learn to operate material handling equipment (MHE)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Join the Burris Team!
We offer benefits to meet a wide range of needs. From medical, dental, and vision plans, to 401k with a company match and flexible spending accounts, and legal aid, we’ve got you and your family covered.
Since 1925 Burris has been growing its business and its family of team members. From driver to warehouse, dispatcher to administration, the Burris team is known for integrity, reliability, and a dedication to customers. Join our team and experience a reputation to be proud of.
Burris Logistics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination against or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.