Newark - Delaware (DE), 19711
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Assembly Technician to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Assembly Technician will be responsible for manual component assembly, material kitting, equipment operation, preparing kits for assembly, quality data collection, standard work creation, material/tool cart improvements, job improvements, continuous improvement projects.
Location: This position will be located in Newark, Delaware.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Following standard work to build assemblies.
- Selecting proper materials from warehouse to complete standard work.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas.
- Use designated inspection equipment.
- Perform minimal tool preventive maintenance.
- Assist in development of manufacturing procedures to create the most efficient processes.
- Record quality data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a high capacity manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience with Automated Equipment.
- Good Attendance, Initiative, responsible follow through and a willingness to help.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
- Able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Must have computer skills, minimum Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to use small hand and power tools, previous experience with p.c. based testing equipment is preferred.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination is needed.
- Complete tasks within standard times with minimum supervision.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Must be flexible with changing shift or work schedule.
- Understands that safety comes first. Holds themselves to this standard and driven to hold others accountable as well
- Has the ability to recognize potential safety issues, not just those covered under standard protocol
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with company guidelines and job duties
- Reports all work related accidents or injuries immediately to their immediate supervisor
- Completes annual safety training requirements as defined in safety training guideline
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
The Bloom Energy Manufacturing Center of Delaware will bring 21st century American manufacturing and innovation to life, and is looking for highly motivated and qualified people to join this exciting team. The high tech facility will combine world class manufacturing practices, and the Bloom culture of manufacturing excellence fueled by a continuous improvement mindset that will involve everyone’s input and commitment.
Bloom is dedicated to creating an environment enriched with training programs to promote continuous improvement, job specific education, and leadership development for all levels of the organization. Our goal is to create a supportive leadership environment, and collaborative atmosphere that provides employees the tools, guidance, and support they need to thrive.
We are looking for individuals who want to build great products, help define the next generation of manufacturing, and possess the skills, drive, and attitude to help Bloom Energy accomplish the mission of delivering clean, reliable, affordable energy to everyone in the world.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.